Lake Forest Community High School District 115 Board of Education's Statement to the Release of the LFEA’s Last Proposal
August 17, 2012
- We believe that the LFEA has acted in violation of the Labor Act by publishing its last offer and cost analysis, prior to the parties meeting to review the proposals, and prior to the Labor Board's determination to authorize publication of the final offers. While the LFEA has chosen to act in this manner the Board of Education will not.
- There is a great deal of inaccurate information in the LFEA release to which the Board will not respond as it is an attempt, by the LFEA, to muddy the water and divert attention from the costs associated with what they are proposing.
- When the salary step cost, base salary increase, stipends, and interest payments, are added together, the LFEA is proposing annual salary increases of 5.6%, 6.5%, and a final year increase of between 4.76-6.57%
- The LFEA is asking the Board to pay a greater percentage of insurance premiums in 5 of the 10 plans offered.
- The Board of Education is disappointed in both the LFEA’s action in publicly releasing their proposal and in the proposal itself. We feel that the LFEA proposal is highly irresponsible in the current economic environment and that it is inconsistent with current market conditions.
Lake Forest Community High School District 115
Board of Education