|Freshman Orientation Schedule 2012-13|
Welcome Class of 2016!
Freshman Orientation, on Friday, August 24, 2012, is the first official day of school for all Freshmen.
Don’t forget to bring you class schedule, paper and a pen or pencil!
Freshman Orientation is a unique opportunity for the Class of 2016 to get to know their high school without the crowds. Here’s a brief look at what you’ll experience on that day.
• Please allow time to store purses, back packs or other belongings in your locker before you report to the Lower Commons near the Competition Gym by 7:50 am.
• You’ll break into large and small groups for a variety of activities with student mentors. Please dress comfortably!
• At 11:30 am, you’ll begin to follow your individual class schedule beginning with Period 1. The plan for the day is to follow a shortened schedule with each period lasting only 7 minutes. You’ll meet your teachers and receive a brief overview of your class. There will be a 5 minute passing time between classes. Period 8, the last period of the day, will end at 1:01 pm. Please see below for details on the class schedule.
• Your day will be over at 1:01 p.m. Buses will arrive in front of the school at 1:15 pm. for students who have signed up for bus service.
• The regular school year, will begin for all students at 7:50 am and end at 3:10 pm on Monday, August 27th.
Special Freshman Orientation Class Schedule
11:30-11:37 1st period