We are initiating new procedures for contacting all parents and staff in the event of an emergency or school closing - the Instant AlertTM System for Schools. Within minutes of an emergency, school officials can use Instant Alert to deliver a single, clear message to the students’ parents or guardians and staff members by telephone, cell phone, e-mail, pager or PDA in any combination. The system will be used to notify you of a school closing due to inclement weather. All parent and staff phone numbers currently in our school database are registered in
The system is Internet based, allowing each family to maintain a secure, password protected online profile (one per family). You can log into your profile at any time to update your contact information. Maintaining the accuracy of your profile will increase the ability of the school to keep you informed.
This system provides an equally effective way to keep you informed of everyday activities, such as event times and locations as well as schedule changes. You must update your online profile to receive non-emergency information and to add additional contact information.
Your on-line profile will enable you to:
• Input your personal contact information
• Select which type of school information you would like to receive on each of your contact devices
• Send yourself a test text message to make sure your text messaging contact information is entered correctly
• Add contact information of other caretakers of your children, such as a grandparent or neighbor.
In addition to receiving communication alerts on your designated contact devices, the alert messages will also appear in your online profile. You can use this feature to read any alerts that may have been
erased or deleted accidentally on your other contact devices.
The system is ready for you at https://instantalert.honeywell.com.
The system will prompt you through the registration process. Click here for the Parent Instruction Form. We encourage all of you to take advantage of this opportunity, as we will be utilizing this system for important school-to-home communication.
If you need assistance with your profile, please send an e-mail to InstantAlertHelp@Honeywell.com. Please note: Instant Alert will leave a message only if your phone answering system picks up on or before the fifth ring. Instant Alert will attempt to reach phone number contacts a maximum of five times.
School Closing/Late Start Information
To verify if there is a school closing or late start day, information is available either by:
1. calling: 847-238-1234.
3. E-mailing: www:EmergencyClosings.com (sign-up for personalized E-mail notification of LFHS status)
4. Tuning into AM Radio stations: WGN Radio 720, WBBM Newsradio 78
5. Viewing TV Stations: CBS2, NBC5, ABC7, WGN9, FOX12, CLTV (back to top)
Communications last updated: 1.10.07