- Meet with to
plan appropriate High School Curriculum with the
- Be Informed, Plan Early!
Attend Parent/Student Meetings scheduled throughout the year! See what's new in College Counseling!
View our helpful step-by-step guide to college admissions
- Research Colleges - Naviance!
Each fall, around 200 college admissions officers visit LFHS. The list of scheduled visits is posted on Naviance. Visits are updated frequently and are not announced each day, so you should check the schedule on Naviance for additions and changes to the visit list. Most visits are held in the CCRC, Room 103A, however some need to be moved to a larger room. A daily list will be posted on the door indicating the time and location of each visit.
- New for 2012-2013! College Rep Visits will begin afer Labor Day.
COLLEGE VISITS FOR JUNIORS AND SENIORS ONLY:
Over 200 admissions officers will be visiting LFHS this fall. The list of scheduled visits is posted on Naviance, and here (.pdf).
Visits are updated frequently and are not announced each day, so you should check the schedule on Naviance for additions and changes to the visit list. Most visits are held in the CCRC, Room 103A, however some need to be moved to a larger room. A daily list will be posted on the door indicating the time and location of each visit.
- - College Visits are opportunities
for students to meet with college representatives who come to LFHS. Use Naviance to help!
- College Visit Information-Effective Immediately:
- New College Rep Visit Sign-Up Procedure for 2012-2013
Beginning with the 2012-2013 school year we will be adopting a new policy for all Juniors and Seniors who want to attend a college rep visit during the school day. We will still be using Naviance however there will be three changes that you need to note:
1. You will need to sign up 1 days in advance
- You will need to print your confirmation page and have your teacher sign it if you are missing a class, including study hall for Juniors.
- You will need to bring your signed confirmation page in order to attend the visit
How To Sign-Up On Naviance
1. Log into your Naviance account and click on the Colleges tab
2. Click on the “Colleges” tab
3. Click on “View All Upcoming College Visits”
4. Locate the College/University(s) visiting LFHS that you are interested in attending
5. Click on “Sign Up”
6. Click on “Sign Me Up” and then print that confirmation page
7. Get permission from your teacher and have them sign your confirmation page.
8. Bring the signed confirmation page with you to the visit-you will not be admitted without it. NoExceptions!
**These steps need to be followed for each visit you want to attend***
New visits are added to Naviance daily so you should check the schedule each day for updates. If you need assistance, see Mrs. Gleason in the College Resource Center, Room 103A.
NOTE: If you have lunch or a free period, you must still sign-up and bring your confirmation page. You do not need to get a signature if the visit falls during one of those times.
- Take College Admissions Tests!
(ACT, SAT, PLAN, PSAT, PSAE, AP)
- Apply to College!
Be Informed of College Application Deadlines!
- The Counseling department would like to inform college-bound
students that it is important to refer to each individual
school as to what is the submission deadline for applying
to the college either on-line or through the mail with
their completed applications and essays and/or personal
statements, if required.
- It is important to find out if the deadline is a "postmarked" deadline
or if it is an "in the admission office" deadline.
- All students applying to college should file their requests
for transcripts in the College
Transcripts Office, Room 104.
- Log into Naviance
- When in Naviance select the “colleges” tab on the top of the page.
- Select “transcripts” from the left column.
- Select “request transcripts for my college applications.”
- If you are requesting a transcript for a school you have previously put into the “colleges I am applying to” section in Naviance it will appear under “current applications” at the top of the “request transcripts for college applications” page. Check “add request” next to the school you wish to request a transcript for and scroll down to the bottom of that page. Select “Request Transcripts” and you are done.
- If you are requesting a transcript for a school you have not put into the “colleges I am applying to" section under “New Applications” enter the type as regular decision, early action or early decision. Then select “lookup” to the right and a small window will open. Find the school you would like to request a transcript for and by clicking on the name once it will then appear in the box on the original page. If you cannot find the school type the school name in the search box on the left and hit go. Then select it from the result list on the right.
- Once all requests are entered, scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Request Transcripts” and you are done.
- College Applications Reminders:
- All students should submit their applications to the school and then request the transcript in Naviance ten school days prior to the application deadline date.
Due to the fact that the Transcript Office will be closed over the Holidays, those applications with a deadline for January 1, 2013 must be in the Office by Monday, December 10, 2012 and those with a January 15, 2013 deadline must be filed before 3:00 on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 in order to meet deadlines.
Students must have:
- Filed the junior questionnaire and parent information sheet with their counselor
- Provided all necessary information and documents for written recommendations for teachers and allow adequate time
- Consulted their counselor concerning their application
- Request for Transcript for each application on Naviance. (See Mrs. Hall, in room 104 with any questions.)
- Applications with a November 15, 2012Deadline must have their transcript requests in by November 1, 2012.
- When preparing your applications, you no longer need to turn in a Secondary School Report Form or Counselor Signature Form from the college or the Common Application. Lake Forest High School has created a Secondary School Report Form (SSR) and this form will be mailed out automatically.
A counselor signature is required on the Early Decision Forms. Common Applications Early Decision Forms can be completed electronically by the counselor if you inform them that you are applying Early Decision.
- Requests should be made in Naviance. For more information or questions, contact your son or daughter's Counselor or Teresa Hall in Transcripts.
- Investigate Scholarships and Financial Aid!
Students wishing to pursue scholarship opportunities can view a list of all current scholarship offerings on Naviance, which contains the most current list, or in Scholarship Scoop which is updated frequently. This information along with some scholarship applications is available in the College and Career Resource Center. The Local Scholarship applications, which are for LFHS seniors only, are now available in the College and Career Resource Center. A full list of all the offerings can be found below. Those applications must be returned to Mrs. Gleason in the CCRC by Friday, March 1, 2013